Being alert is the best way of preventing your rain gutters from being damaged. This is because the longer they’re exposed to the elements, the more serious effects they’ll suffer. By checking on them periodically you’ll know if repair work will help prevent them from becoming even more damaged – something that could result in very costly repairs.
Of course, age isn’t the only issue you’re facing here. The longer your gutters are in place, the more likely it is that they’ve endured strong storms, damaging winds, animals living in them, and the impact of objects upon them.
Why You Should Consider Repairing Your Gutters This Year
Maintaining your gutters periodically will prevent other negative consequences from impacting your home that could happen when your rain gutters aren’t functioning as they should. Some of the issues you could possibly face here include:
- Leaks and flooding in your basement can lead to structural instability and damage to your foundation that could result in your home collapsing
- Water staining your walls and causing mold to grow in your home
- Water erosion occurring in areas that are exposed to water for a long period of time
- Damage to external walls, your basement, and your garden
These are all good reasons why you must maintain your gutters. After all, many of these repairs are expensive and annoying. They could even have a negative impact on your family’s health.
How Broken Rain Gutters Impact Your Garden
You may be surprised to learn that broken gutters can harm your garden. However, if you want your garden to benefit from the rain it receives, your gutters play an important role here. They have several roles that they play here, including:
- They let you collect rainwater. When you stop to consider that a single storm can provide you with 700 gallons of water for free, you’ll see that rain is a great natural resource – one that your garden can greatly benefit from. However, you must be prepared to use your rain gutters now to collect the water you need to use to irrigate your garden later. When your gutters aren’t functioning properly, you’ll waste this opportunity and what’s even worse is that you may also put your home at risk.
- It is important to make sure that your plants get just the right amount of water to meet their needs. When your gutters are broken, you can’t control the amount of water that your plants are receiving. This may result in them receiving too much water, which could potentially result in them drowning.
- You must also consider how your gutters are attached to your home. If they’re loose and full of water, they can be hazardous when a big storm hits because an object could fall from them and destroy your garden.
Clearly, you can see the importance of prioritizing the maintenance of your rain gutters. After all, you want to use them properly to collect and distribute rainwater. This is a convenience that you’ll miss out on if you put off repairs – not to mention you may even find yourself spending more money on these repairs in the future.
By creating a garden you’re creating a place where you and your family can relax and enjoy yourselves. This will ultimately increase the value of your property if you ever decide to sell your home. However, you must take good care of your rain gutters if you want to enjoy these things.
One of the best ways to take care of them is by contacting Done Rite Gutters in Clearwater, Florida. They can help you maintain them so you can preserve your home’s safety. If you want to know more about their services, give them a call today. They look forward to helping you reap all the great benefits rain gutters can provide.